Cherie's Thinking Again

Thoughts, Stories, Observations and Ideas by a Mother of Adults

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Miracles, Blessings, & Eternal Joy


There was this time, several years back, when both the Logans and the Bertagnollis were going through some really stressful months. Jalyn and I talked together, and decided that we needed to look for the miracles in our lives - daily miracles that testify of the Lord, of his Love for us, of his involvement in our lives, and of all those things that whisper to our soul that He Lives and stands ready to bring us safely home. We checked in daily, each commenting on those things that day that strengthened us. The hard times remained, but our perspective altered and life was much better for it. So, here is my list of Miracles, Blessings, and Eternal Joy. I don't promise to list daily, but I do promise to seek him daily in the small events of my life.

1. I survived abdominal surgery. Twice while in the hospital in Mexico this month, I wasn't sure I would make it home to see my children. Unknown, but secretly suspected, I had pleurisy before entering the hospital. The day following surgery, it hit me so hard that breathing was almost impossible. When I did return home, with my family gathered all around me, I was filled with the purest peace and joy.

1 comment:

Lovely Lisa said...

I love that you have a blog now... yaay! We miss y'all like crazy, so it'll be good to keep up. :)